Before rushing into the fitting, make sure to have complete the following steps here.
First, gather the following equipment:
- The BrightLock with the right-sized cylinder (see the "Choosing the right cylinder size" article)
- The installation manual in the BrightLock packaging. If you can't find it, contact us via our messenger at the bottom right of your screen.
- The key for the cylinder you want to remove (without it you can't take the mechanism out)
- A cross-head screwdriver
- Your smartphone with BrightLock app installed
We will start by putting BrightLock in installation mode.
- Launch BrightLock app and log into your account.
- In the main menu on the top left, click "Install a BrightLock"
- Follow the step-by-step instructions given by the app and scan the installation QR code on the installation manual.
The steps for mounting BrightLock on the door will then launch.
- Using the cross-head screwdriver, remove the screw holding the lock on the edge of your door.
- Insert the key in the cylinder and use it to slide the cylinder out of its slot. Slightly turn the key to make this easier.
- Replace the cylinder with BrightLock, placing the box on the door side facing the interior of your room.
- Put the screw back in and screw up tightly.
Your BrightLock is now installed on your door! The installation tutorial then moves on to setting up the lock.
Setting up the lock
BrightLock's motorisation setup
Still following the app fitting instructions, close your door and make sure the BrightLock is unlock. The app will automatically open and close the BrightLock to ensure the motors can run smoothly and to know the motor's position (open & close).
If the motor's encounter any difficulties (particulary slow, frictions), make sure BrightLock fitting on the door is right. Restart the motor setup after you adjust the fitting.
Connecting the lock to Wi-Fi
On the mobile app, select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
Now the lock is set up, choose the name of the lock, put it in a group and provide its address.
After completing these few steps, your key is active: you can lock/unlock the door and share access via your app!
Congratulations! You've now got BrightLock well and truly set up. To teach you how to use it and reveal all its secrets, you can read our Getting Started articles.
Enjoy your BrightLock!